Curating content about online resources, elearning, edutips, instructional design, social media, digital storytelling, and more. Offering free online courses on these subjects.
December 13, 2013
Five Amazing Games That Add a Third Dimension to Learning
Student feedback was both inadequate and not at all timely. Worst of all, my students were not engaged and had little meaningful contact with their teacher.
After a year of feeling like a total failure I told the principal that I was dissatisfied with my teaching practice and needed to find a better way to engage the students in their learning. With her blessing, I began my search."
- Gord Holden from Vancouver, B.C.
Here is a list of five games Gord Holden has used in his classes:
1. BUILD A CIVILIZATION: CAESAR III
2. MEET MEDIEVAL CITIZENS, EXPLORE HISTORIC CITIES: CASPIAN LEARNING
3. LIVE WITH INDIGENOUS CULTURES: QUEST ATLANTIS
4. SURVIVE IN THE WILD: WOLFQUEST
5. REDESIGN LEARNING: CYBERNETWORLDS
To find out more about using these games as learning tools, please click here.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.